Over time the herb can lose some of its potency in a since. Light will turn some of the cannabinoids into other cannabinoids making it seem not as potent.
Cannabis does not go bad like milk or bad food, you will not get poisoning.
To keep your herbs fresh longer do this:
- Store in the dark
- Store in the freezer to keep it cool as well as in the dark
- If it loses moisture you can add it back. Never let it get too wet or it could grow mold.
- Use just a few drops of water and wait a day, it will rehydrate.
- Add some bread and wait a day
- Add an orange peel and wait a day
- Add a small moist paper towel and wait a day.