Posted by Steve K on February 20, 2023
- Open ShipStation
- Click the calculator icon on the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Enter the city and postal code.
- Click the “Package” dropdown menu and choose the dimensions for the box.
- Click “Browse Rates”
- Check the rates and select the cheapest option that is compatible with the package.
- Click “Configure Label” at the bottom right of the window.
- Check the box that says “Create a Return Label”
- Enter the customer’s shipping address, this will go into the return address section on the return label.
- Verify that ShipStation is showing you the shipping rate before creating the label, if it isn’t showing a shipping rate then some information is missing.
- Below the rate, “Email label” should be selected, and if the “Email to” text entry field has the customer’s email address then remove it and replace it with your own email address. We do not want to email labels to customers through ShipStation because we cannot verify that the email has been sent properly. We should email labels to customers through the firstname.lastname@example.org account.
We also cannot download the label directly through this window as it seems that this function is broken, so make sure that you are emailing the label to yourself instead.
- Click the blue button that says “Authorize & Email”, if everything was done correctly you should receive an email from email@example.com that contains the PDF label. You can now email the label to the customer.
Updated on February 21, 2023